Please help me!
Collin had been fidgetting with my laptop and now the CD drive cannot work. Can't see from bios or from XP. There is light when I put in a CD and I can hear the disk turning. Help!!! Do I need to change a new cd drive. How do I know if it's gone for good??
Yip

7 Comments:
the motor that spins the disk is no longer running. not collin's fault. if you run too many CDs, it will happen. It is a norm.
So DUN PUNISH THE LITTLE GUY. IN FACT U N WEI KEONG SHOULD BUY HIM MORE ICE CREAM, CHOCOLATES, SOFT TOYS, LEGO MINDSTORM, RADIO CONTROL HELICOPTERS AND ALSO THOSE CUTE POOH TOYS.
n oso get him a XBOX 360 cos u need to start his interest in IT early age. Then later just let him watch those IT movies like Sneakers, Hackers, Take Down, 13th Floor, The Matrix Trilogy, AntiThrust and etc. wai kuan shud teach him how to do web design at age 5 and also enter him for national competition.
This anonymous fler sound so familiar...
Anyway, merry x'mas to you and family!
dean... yes, i was going to say the same... anon fler sounds sooOoooo familiar. :)
(WK)2, Merry Christmas... :)
as for the CD drive, if its an internal one, try to take it out and then jam it back in again.
if that dun work and still under warranty, get service ppl to look into it.
otherwise, i think might have to get a new one...
OK. I have got the problem solved. It's quite unconventional and it happened by accident. I was really frustrated fidgeting with the configuration so I held up the laptop and shake it to the left and right. Something is rolling inside my laptop. Switched it off. Wait one day and restart machine la and voila, the CD drive appears again! And I could read my CDs again!!
wai kuan,
you are missing out the bigger picture. collin stand a good chance to be the next whiz kid. you should teach him SQL now. and also graphics design. then wei keong can get some sub con work for web design and let collin do it. by the time he is 10, he would have got a few years in the web industry. and also influence him to LOVE JUST IT AND TECHNOLOGY. you should deter him away from those romance romance things. NOT good to pollute his mind. if you can get copies of Robert Noyce, Gordon Moore speeches, bring home and let collin listen to it. And let him watch ONLY those IT related shows and movies. Then by the time he is 18, he would be a SIFOOO in IT.
basically you should give him the mindset that TECHNOLOGY IS ULTIMATE. anything else is no comparison. then only he can set his mind to MIT. bring him on a tour to intel penang and show him the POWER AND THE AWESOMENESS OF TECHNOLOGY. I am sure that his jaw will drop down and inspired to ENDLESS LIMITS. Then when you keep doing that, he would not be ineterested in GIRLS, WOMEN and other things non technology related. He will be focussed to the common goal of CREATING NEW TECHNOLOGY.
Post a Comment
<< Home